Thank you for your interest in joining the Intend Indiana team. Please check below for our current open roles.
The Residential Loan Processor supports the daily lending activities operated by Intend Indiana. A successful applicant will help to advance the mission of Intend Indiana’s Edge Fund CDFI – by offering flexible financial products that will create diverse and inclusive affordable housing opportunities across the housing spectrum. Applicant’s primary focus will be on growing Edge Fund affordable single-family housing lending.
Salary Range: $36-50K
Evaluation of Performance
Performance will be evaluated based on meeting the specific goals, deadlines, and other quality indicators established for this position; working according to all specifications, policies, and standards established by Intend Indiana, working effectively in a team environment, and interacting positively with all clients and employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage application process for single-family loan products including the review of application documents submitted for completeness, and disbursing documents to partners
- Communicate with applicants and partners addressing all application needs to facilitate a credit decision within the appropriate time
- Manage and respond to all inquiries made by email or telephone call from partners and applicants
- Be prepared to answer any and all questions from applicants about loan programs and general loan process
- Upload all electronic files to cloud storage system and maintain all electronic and hardcopy paper files
- Update time tracking application towards completing tasks
- Update client relationship software regarding each individual client, applicant, and borrower stages, including but not limited to, loan closing and loan repayments
- Make updates to required application, marketing, and loan policy documents
- Communicate/Update bank partners regarding applicant status
- Work with other Renew staff in all reporting requirements to stakeholders Manage inquiry and application submission tracking on monthly/quarterly/yearly basis
- Participate in fundraising and grant application activities
- Participate in all meetings with staff, partners, and clients as appropriate
- Act as a point of contact for clients and partners to provide guidance on lending process
- Act as liaison between Renew staff to facilitate the streamline transition of clients between Lending Team, Real-estate Team and Partners
- Help Director of Lending and other staff to maintain relationships with banks, nonprofits, and networking organizations to grow the pipeline of loans
- Attending training on applicable subjects when available and appropriate
- Assist in outreach and marketing of Renew activities
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Embrace and demonstrate the organizational values of transparency, integrity, empathy, inclusion and innovation both internally and externally.
- Provide courteous, professional services to clients and present a positive image of Intend Indiana. Refrain from criticizing Intend Indiana, its employees, and any partners in front of outside entities.
Professional Development and Continued Learning
- Participate in Intend Indiana’s professional development opportunities and training programs as required and apply new learnings.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in field
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills and ability to work independently to a deadline
- Ability to work on many programs and projects towards various deadlines
- Ability to consistently follow guidelines for file quality
- Ability to consistently meet productivity goals
- Ability to work collaboratively on team
- Ability to work independently without supervision
- Strong organization, computer and customer service skills
- Strong communications skills including strong writing and presentation skills
- Ability to travel to borrower site visits and work evenings and weekends as needed
- Proficiency with Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Relevant experience in residential lending, underwriting best practices, or the banking industry
- Experience utilizing Client Relationship software
- Relevant experience in grant writing or grant management
- Bilingual Spanish/English
- Must be able to work proficiently with computers and other office equipment.
- Work is primarily in an office environment, both at the Renew Indianapolis office and stakeholder offices.
- Remote work is permissible upon employee request. Must be able to travel to meet potential lenders, City/State leadership, etc.
Americans with Disabilities Act
Applicants, as well as employees who are or become disabled, must be able to perform the essential duties and responsibilities either unaided or with reasonable accommodation. The organization shall determine reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law.
Equal Employment Opportunities
Intend Indiana provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, or non-disqualifying physical or mental disability in accordance with all federal, state, and local regulations.
The above statements reflect the general duties, responsibilities and competencies considered necessary to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job and should not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements of the position. Intend Indiana may change the specific job duties with or without prior notice based on the needs of the organization.
Submit cover letter, resume, and salary expectations to Info@IntendIndiana.org